Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
Tour Dates: 8/8 – 8/14
Tour The Famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Two Dates Offered
This tour will have you attending the famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota. We offer the same tour a few days before the start of Sturgis for a less crowded riding, while experiencing the same sites and destinations.
Click on the map above to see a day-by-day breakdown of the route. This is subject to change due to traffic, weather, hotel availability, and other issues.
The Iconic Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
Start Living the Dream as we leave Denver for a day’s ride up to Hot Springs, South Dakota. We’ve staged over a week’s worth of some of the best riding available in the USA, including a stop at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. See and feel the excitement of riding through the Badlands, over Iron Mountain Road to Mt Rushmore. Learn about the ongoing work on the Crazy Horse Memorial. Spend time in Sturgis, Deadwood and hike to the many waterfalls of Spearfish Canyon. On top of all that, see the buffalo roam (I have had one nudge my bike!). Plus, there’s so much other wildlife in Custer National Park. Finish off the week with a ride through Rocky Mountain National Park and spend a night in the Rocky Mountains. Ride to Morrison and see the famous Red Rocks Amphitheater.
*** For less crowded riding, we offer the same tour before the Sturgis Rally, July 12th – 18th. ***
Sturgis was always on my bucket list. Going there with Living The Dream made it an unforgettable experience. They knew all the local spots and places to go. Jacob Garn
We Include Everything You Will Need Along The Way
When you go on a Living The Dream guided tour you’re not going to have to worry about spending a ton of money along the way. Included in our tours will be almost everything you will need during the trip. Not included is your airfare, food and drinks.
Choose from a variety of makes and models to fit your riding style.
Let us do the work. We take the hassle out of booking your hotels.
Gasoline & Oil
All of the gas and oil needed is included when you book your tour.
A photography will take pictures and video to capture all the incredible sights.
We have supplies and space for luggage to make your trip a success.
No need to stress, we have you covered if there are any damages.
Below is your daily itinerary. You will see the planned route as well as what you will see on any given day of the tour. Please be advised that this itinerary can change due to weather, traffic, hotel availability, or other issues.
- Leave Denver for a day ride up to Hot Springs through the Pawnee National Grassland with the Rocky Mountains in view to your west. We move over the plains of Wyoming and into the foothills of the Black Mountains. This day’s ride is more about getting there, but there’s still a lot to enjoy along the way.
- From Hot Springs, ride to the southern entrance of Badland National Park. Circle through the Park with a quick stop at the world-famous Wall Drug. After the Park, it’s a stunning cruise to the South Dakota cities of Rapid City and Sturgis, before going on to Deadwood. Stay in the Deadwood area for the next few days and enjoy Sturgis Motorcycle Rally’s final weekend of shows events and venders. There’s an optional and unbelievable day ride to the major attractions of the Black Hills. For the next two days, your guide will provide piloted rides to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Spearfish Canyon, and Custer State Park. These rides will be on roads like Needles Highway, Iron Mountain Road and Custer Wildlife Loop.
- Ride out of the Black Hills and on to Devils Tower, made recognizable to everyone through the movie Close Encounter of the Third Kind. Ride southwest through Gillette and into Casper, WY for the night. Here you’ll get up close to the western ranges and historical wagon trains. Enjoy bison steaks and western entertainment in Casper.
- After a night in Casper, head south through the Medicine Bow National Forest and into the Rocky Mountains. The road turns curvy and the elevation changes to provide amazing vistas—expect temperatures to drop. After riding through Walden, Colorado, see the town of Granby before stopping in Grand Lake. Granby and Grand Lake are where the Colorado locals go to ‘get away.’ It will be hard to ride out the next day.
- Finish the week’s adventure with a cruise over the top of Rocky Mountain National Park. This is by far one of the most amazing roads in the USA with breathtaking views minute-by-minute. Our next stop is Estes Park, where Steven King wrote The Shinning at the (supposedly) haunted Stanly Hotel. From here, it’s all back-road gorge riding to Evergreen, Morrison, and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre. See the newest Colorado HD location on the way back to Denver.
Pictures From The Road
We have a creative and dedicated photographer on the road with us during the entire trip. They are there to help you capture these special moments. Here are a few of our favorites from this tour.
Book This Tour Today
If you are interested in booking this tour please fill out the form below. Provide all of your information and we will have one of our experts call you within 24 hours.
“Well Planned Trip”
“I am an experienced rider, but after over 30 years I still have frustrations when planning trips. Riding with Henry changed my entire perspective on what a successful trip entails. I look forward to my next trip with Living The Dream. ”
“I grew up around motorcycles, as my father was a rider himself. This trip give me the challenge I needed to break through into becoming a lifetime rider. The amazing views and the travel guidance I experienced will stay with me for years to come.”
Nancy & Bill P.
“We used to ride every week in the early years of our marriage. Life got in the way and before we knew it 15 years went by. This trip changed our life, It gave us the chance we needed to reconnect as a couple and as riding peers. We are living the dream. ”